Welcome

Hello and welcome to The Kentucky Bourbon Barrel. Here you'll find a blog designed for those who appreciate Bourbon. I am truely dedicated to tasting, surveying, and honored to enjoy the very best Bourbons that the fine state of Kentucky has to offer. I hope you enjoy my results and can share with me what you find out when you try one for yourself.

Fighting Cock

Fighting Cock Bourbon is a very complex drink. The 103 proof (51.5% alc/vol) that it comes in has some heat to it on the first few sips. After your palate softens up, a multiple of intense flavors cross your tongue. It is dark and spicy with notes of oak and vanilla. I am very surprised that so much flavor was poured out of the barrel after being aged for only 6 years. I would recommend this Bourbon to be sipped with a cube of ice if you cannot handle the heat. It is another good Bourbon distilled in the Bardstown hills. For more information log onto Fighting Cock's official web site at http://www.fightingcock.com/. They have lots of info, recipes, and cool downloads.